Snacks…it is all about the ingredients. The freshest, highest quality, purest ingredients make for delicious,healthy, and nutritious snacks. And here are afew of my top picks!
Rich, Creamy, Yummy Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 1- 1 1/2 cup Greek or Bulgarian yogurt, plain
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein or Shakeology
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries or raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
Mix the yogurt and whey protein/Shakeology. Top with berries and almonds.
Simply Good Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
The menu calls for a decadent treat; Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich!! I’m hungry thinking about it. How about you?
- 1 banana, sliced in half then lengthwise to make 4 slices
- 2 slices whole grain, prferrably sporuted grain bread
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, natural, no sugar; just peanuts and sea salt
Spread peanut butter on one slice of the bread. Top with banana slices then add the second slice of bread. Place the sandwich in a skillet and toast on low heat. The peanut butter will become soft and gooey, the bananas delightfully warm and the bread deliciously crunchy. It will fill you up, fuel your body and empower your day.
Cut in half and enjoy for a morning and afternoon snack!
A Deliciously Nutritious Baked Apple with Feta
Usually thought of as a dessert, Baked Apples can easily become a smart, healthy addition to your nutritional strategy. It’s all about the ingredients! First, it is mandatory to begin with the freshest, most pure, natural, authentic ingredients possible. Apples are among the worst when it comes to pesticides, herbicides and other unhealthy processing methods like gas ripening and waxing. They must, therefore, be organic and fresh. Don’t skimp on the quality.
It’s your body; the only one you have or will ever have and it deserves the best!
- 1 crisp, delicious apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To begin, core the apple.
Next, stuff the apple with the combined dates and walnuts. Then sprinkle the entire apple with cinnamon.
Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; no more than a teaspoon.
Bake at 350F/175C until tender and golden brown
Top with crumbled feta while still warm.