Photo from http://chickadvisors.com
You know you do…you envy the butt that looks like you can bounce quarters off of it in the gym. Am I right? What about Jennifer Lopez. Now she has the ultimate bum. And maybe hers is not within your genetic potential but you can certainly chisel a butt that everyone around you will envy.
I know, it’s not something we all tend to chat about around the office water cooler but, there is one thing I believe we all do and that is notice a nice butt. After all, who finds a saggy, flat, limp blob hanging around in a pair of pants attractive? Am I right? Unfortunately, there are many of them out there and many of them ride on the otherwise sculpted bodies of fitness enthusiasts. As many focus on the glamour muscles, yes women have them too, those seen by the public at large, the butt gets left behind. The thought seems to be that simply walking, bending over and a few other miscellaneous activities will keep it in sufficient shape. But, not true. That beautiful butt you want and admire is chiselled though some very specific, targeted moves completed regularly. That is why I have 7 simple, effective and powerful exercises for women to sculpt that beautiful, full, toned behind that will be envied by all those other droopy bums walking around.
Each of these movements can be completed almost anywhere and with little to no equipment; at most 2 dumbbells. So no excuses. Home, office, walking through the park, wherever, whenever, you can work on that butt with these 7 butt exercises for women. Are you ready? Let’s lift and tighten that bum!
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your head and your back straight making sure your knees do not extend over your knees as you lower into the squat position. Your thighs should end parallel to the floor.
- Slowly return to standing position.
- Increase intensity by adding a dumbbell to each hand and changing your grip periodically.
- Get on your hands and knees, in a doggy position.
- Look slightly forward.
- Lift your left leg and kick it backwards so that it becomes parallel to your body.
- Squeeze your buttocks tightly while performing the movement.
- Hold for a second then return to position.
- Repeat with the right leg.
3. Step Ups
- Place step in front of you. For more advanced, use a stable chair or bench.
- Step up onto the raised platform, alternating legs.
- Concentrate on using your legs and butt to push yourself up.
- Increase intensity by holding dumbbells in each hand with varied grips.
4. Buttock squeezes
- Stand up straight and SQUEEEEZE!
5. Leg abductions
- Standing straight with legs hip width apart, toes facing forward.
- Raise one leg outward to the side as high as you can.
- Hold for a few seconds then return to standing position.
- Repeat with opposite leg.
6. Single-leg pelvic lifts
- Lying on the floor, bend your knees, keeping feet flat on the floor.
- Keep your arms by your side, hands flat on the floor.
- Cross your left leg over the right with your ankle just above the knee.
- Lift your pelvis up towards the ceiling until your back is straight, but not arched upward, clenching your butt while doing so.
- Hold for a few seconds, slowly lower your torso back to the ground, swap legs and repeat.
- In a standing position, step forward with one leg bending the knees and lowering the back knee towards the floor.
- Keep your torso straight, abs engaged as you lower into the lunge.
- Make sure your knee does not extend over your foot and your heel is firmly on the ground
- Push up with the front heel, returning to a standing position.
- To increase intensity, hold dumbbells in each hand.
There you have it, 7 exercises that will tighten, strengthen and define your butt. In no time at all, yours will be the butt to be envied!
And guys….you are NOT excluded here.This will work for you as well! So no saggy butt jocks hanging out in gym!
So, ready to chisel your butt?