At the end of a long work day, you want somehting simple, and delicious. More times than not, that desire drives you to make poor choices. Turning to fast, processed, refined foods, you may attian the convenience and the flavor you seek but the choices made are nearly always short on the nutritonal scale. It doesn’t have to be that way though. You can enjoy a quick, simple, affordable, delicious and highly nutritious dinner. Here is one recipe to prove it!
Baked Halibut with Asparagus
This is an asian inspired meal that is packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 4 fillets of halibut or those of you in South Africa may use Hake
- 1 bunch trimmed asparagus
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound of fresh shitake mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Shoyu soy sauce
- 2 tablespon Mirin or sake
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
How to Make it:
Preheat the oven to 375F/200C. Place one filet in the center of a piece of foil. Scatter the asparagus, mushrooms and ginger on top of the fish.
Drizzle with soy sauce and mirin. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
Fold the foil over the ingredients and crimp edges to seal tightly. Place each packet on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
If you want more valuable information on whole foods nutrition, visit
and recieve 30 days of nutritional emails! FREE!!!!