Short on time? Lacking equipment? Traveling? Bored with the gym? No problem! I have 7 great workouts for you that will power up your body. Using body weight, a jump rope, a bike and a basketball, you’ll chisel that body with simple, effective movements that an be completed anytime and anywhere.
Workout #1: The 3 Mile Challenge
- Knock out as many push-ups as you can.
- Complete one full set of chin ups, maximum reps.
- Complete one full set of dips, maximum reps.
- Go for a 3 mile run.
Workout #2: The Basketball Burn
- Hold a basketball in front of your chest. Stand up and sit down without letting your hands or the ball touch the ground. Complete 10 reps.
- Run a 40 yard sprint.
- With one hand on the basketball do a push-up. Repeat for ten reps then change hands.
- Run a 40 yard sprint.
- Using the basketball, hold in plank push-up position for one minute on each arm
Workout #3: The Biker Express
- Bike in high gear for 2 minutes.
- Hop off the bike and grab it by the frame using it as a dumbbell to complete 10 reps of shoulder press, 10 reps of curls and 10 reps of bent over rows.
- Hop on the bike for another hard 2 minute ride.
Workout #4: Rope it Up
- Skip rope for 20 seconds.
- Complete 8 walking lunges then lunge back to the starting point.
- Skip rope for another 20 seconds.
- Complete push-ups to failure.
- Skip for another 20 seconds.
- Complete pull ups to failure.
Workout #5: The Ab Blaster
- Lie on your back on the floor in an X position. Lift arms and legs 6 inches off the floor.
- Reach toward the ceiling with you right arm. Lower and repeat 5 reps on both arms.
- Raise your left leg above your hip for 5 reps and repeat with right leg.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 simultaneously for 10 reps total both sides.
Workout #6: Power it Up
- Alternate between squats and push-ups. Make them explosive by adding air to the movements. In other words, leave the ground. Complete 10 reps of each movements.
- Rest 10 seconds then repeat for 9 reps each movement.
- Rest 10 seconds and continue the process down to one rep.
- Complete the sequence 5 times.
Workout #7: Lean in Six
- Complete 24 Body weight squats.
- Complete 24 body weight lunges each leg.
- Complete 24 jump lunges.
- Complete 24 jump squats.
- Hold a plank position for 2 minutes.
- Run 5, 40 yard sprints.
There you have them; 7 powerful, simple and effective workouts that will shred fat, build strength and add endurance.
No excuses. Only results!